This happens due to the continuous freeze and thaw cycles during this year.
Commercial pool deck sealing can protect your outdoor investment and make it look better for longer.
Pool Deck Issues that Need Fixing in Winter
Commercial pool deck sealing is essential, not just for protecting your commercial pool deck.
It can also improve the overall appearance of your outdoor space.
A well-sealed commercial pool deck will have a consistent surface color, be more resistant to staining, and look better overall. If you’re concerned about your commercial pool deck condition this winter, don’t hesitate to contact a professional for help.
Swimming pool pump issues
The issue in the pool when the cold seasons arrive often occurs with the pump. The pump freezes and fails to work when you turn it on for the first time in a while.
This happens because no water is circulating in the system to keep it from freezing. The best way to prevent this is commercial pool deck sealing. By sealing your commercial concrete pool decks, you will protect your pump and ensure it works properly when needed.
Another common issue during winter is with the filter. When the temperature drops, the filter’s water can freeze and expand, causing the filter to crack or break.
It can be a significant problem if you cannot replace the filter immediately. To avoid this, ensure your commercial pool deck seals before winter hits. That will help to keep your filter from freezing and breaking, saving you money and headaches.
Damaged pool decks due to thawing
Below are problems most common to concrete pool decks. Because it is exposed and located on the pool’s exterior, the decks receive various types of damage.
1. Chipping and flaking concrete: Concrete is prone to chipping and flaking, especially around the pool deck area. It can be caused by winter weather conditions or simply due to wear and tear. Regular commercial concrete pool deck sealing will help to prevent this from happening.
2. Cracks in the concrete: Winter weather can also cause cracks in your commercial pool deck. These cracks can weaken the overall structure of the deck and may cause trip hazards. Sealing the cracks as soon as they appear will help prevent them from worsening.
3. Pool chemicals: Pool chemicals can also take a toll on your commercial pool deck. Over time, they can break down the sealant on the deck’s surface and cause it to deteriorate, leading to costly repairs down the road.
4. Stains: Stains are another common concern regarding commercial concrete pool decks. They can be caused by various things, including leaves, dirt, and even pool chemicals. Sealing your pool deck regularly will help to prevent stains from setting in.
5. UV damage: UV damage is a common issue for outdoor surfaces, including commercial pool decks. The sun can fade the color of your deck and cause the sealant to break down over time. Applying a fresh coat of sealant every few years will help to protect your deck from this type of damage.
Commercial pool deck sealing is an integral part of maintaining your outdoor space. It can help prevent the most common issues, including chipping, cracking, staining, and UV damage. Sealing your commercial pool deck regularly will extend its lifespan and keep it looking its best.